I'm not asking for utter fearlessness and risk without thinking. Just "go for it" a little more and more often than you have in the past—and more often than others do. If you hold back, you'll get into a rut, slip behind, fade out of sight, and sink into the sameness of the people around you. A calculated risk is just another way of saying to:
- Show some spine.
- Put it on the line and see it through.
- Leave it all on the playing field.
- Creatively work with fear.
- Think the unpopular thing.
- Have the gumption to go off the grid.
- Be willing to bet your job on a hunch.
- Step out of the box.
- Be unafraid to fall flat on your face.